Membership of ZAC is open to all Zoroastrians, their spouses and children and all other persons who express deep interest in the objects of the Association and agree to abide by its Constitution and By-laws. We would like to see all our local Zarathushtis become paid members. All paid members in good standing (those who pay membership dues by March 31st) will have voting rights for our Annual General Meeting and any other General Body meetings. Paid members will receive quarterly financial reports and discounted fees for all ZAC programs. Most importantly, paid members will know that they are supporting the continued perpetuation of our religion, Darbe Mehr and association.
ZAC’s membership year is from January to December of each year. Rates are as follows:
- $200 per family (including children under 18)
- $100 for an individual
- $20 for full time students
We encourage all those over 18 to become paid members of ZAC. Elderly parents living with and financially dependent upon a paid member family are included in family membership when names are submitted with membership payment.
You may mail your checks or credit card authorization form to ZAC, 8615 Meadowbrook Drive, Burr Ridge, IL 60527. Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding membership.
What does ZAC Offer the Zarathushti Community of Chicago?
- Our Darbe Mehr is the religious and social hub for Iranian and Parsi Zarathushtis across the Midwest.
- Weekly availability for visiting the Darbe Mehr at regular times, or availability at any time by contacting a Board Member or Priest.
- Facilities and priest services for community members’ private events including navjotes, weddings and funeral services.
- Prayer room with books, topis/scarves, sukhad/loban, divas, hand-washing facilities and kushti rooms
- Prayer ceremonies held for all major Zoroastrian events of both major calendars
- Library with wide array of religious and cultural books, publications, and media in several languages including English and Farsi
- Religion education classes for all ages, children through adults including Navjote preparation, Adult discussion groups, Annual Youth Camps, as well as printed religion education material
- Monthly events with home-cooked meals, prayers and informative discussions
- Organized community celebrations including Navroz, Papeti, New Years Eve and Gahambars
- Monthly newsletters with local, North America and global Zarathushti events and updates
- Regular “active adults” events to bring our “young at heart” seniors together
- Infrastructure to support communications including email distribution lists, website, community member directory and calling tree
- Participation in interfaith events to build awareness of Zoroastrian religion with local communities
- Education of local area students of religion, history and theology through hosting events at our Darbe Mehr and providing speakers to high schools, universities and religious institutions
- We have ongoing costs to provide electricity, gas, fire alarm protection, telephone, waste removal, recycling, pest control, hall cleaning, water bottle service, and kitchen and restroom supplies.
- In addition, we have ongoing building maintenance costs such as painting, furnace, air conditioner, light bulbs, and fire extinguisher replacements. We also pay for grounds maintenance including lawn maintenance, snow plowing, parking lot repaving, tree removal, etc.