Call for Volunteers
Dear fellow community members and friends,
We hope and trust you are coping well given the significant disruption to life and impact on health created by the ongoing public health crisis known commonly as COVID-19 or the Coronavirus.
The purpose of this post is two-fold:
1. To advise that all ZAC events planned for April and beyond have been postponed until further notice. In keeping with our stance on protecting the health and well-being of our community, ZAC has to err on the side of caution and to ensure proper precautions are taken. We will be communicating with you frequently and will update you with new developments and announcements as events warrant.
2. Call for Volunteers | ZAC COVID-19 Task Force: we are pleased to announce that we have formed a special COVID-19 Task Force aimed at helping the most vulnerable members of our community with the help they need, and ultimately reducing the risk of exposure within our small but resilient community.
If you have the ability and interest to volunteer, even in a small way, please send an email to email@example.com with your name, the town/county you live in and your mobile phone number. We will register you as a volunteer and will reach out to you with next steps.
Following are ways in which Task Force volunteers can provide critical assistance:
- Making trips to/from grocery stores or pharmacies to safely pick up and drop off food, household necessities or medication for those, mainly our elderly, who are compelled to stay home and avoid the risk of being exposed to the virus.
- Well-checks: from moms and dads working from home with young children to our single populations and elderly living alone who can not even visit their grandchildren, we would like our Task Force volunteers to pick up the phone and see how they are doing. Sometimes just a 15-minute conversation can bring joy to someone’s life! Now is the time to show you care, to be a Zarathushti, and call on your fellow community members who you think may be in need.
- Donations: Visit our web site and donate to the Welfare fund – please list COVID-19 in the memo section and we’ll make sure those dollars are used toward helping and supporting those in need. Donating starts with a visit to: www.zamc.org/donate
Thanks for your time and attention to this matter. Together, we will make a difference in the lives of those in need, and reduce the many risks associated with this virus.
Read more for more information about the virus, risks, symptoms and what you can do to keep yourself safe.Read More →