We are privileged to have an extraordinarily learned and dedicated community of Mobeds to serve our religious and spiritual needs.
Ervad Dr. Kersi Antia
Ervad Neville Karanjia
Ervad Jamshed Antia
Ervad Pesi Vazifdar
Ervad Jimmy Ravji
Ervad Freddie Gonda
Ervad Farhad Mogul
Ervad Hosi Vazifdar
Ervad Zarvan Karanjia
Ervad Rayomand Ravji
Ervad Sheroy Gonda
In order to inspire the present, as well as future generation of Mobeds to continue to serve our community, it is necessary to make it worthwhile for them to invest their time and energy needed to perform various ceremonies. At the November 2012 Board meeting, Mobeds serving the Chicago area unanimously presented the ZAC Board with their concerns about this issue. It was pointed out that compared to ministers of other faiths, and even other Zoroastrian associations, payments for the priestly services performed by our Mobeds were unpardonably low. In order to preserve our religious ceremonies, traditions and to encourage our younger Mobeds, the ZAC Board unanimously agreed to accept the recommendations proposed by the Mobeds for charges for various prayers performed by Chicago area Mobeds for private prayer ceremonies. These following proposed rates are to be effective immediately for all new services going forward.
- Use of ZAC Sukhad, Loban and Aalat: $75 paid to ZAC per ceremony
- Weddings and Navjote Ceremony: $375 per priest
- Nahn Ceremony: $101 per priest
- Jashan Ceremony: $201 per priest plus $75 to ZAC for use of sukhad, loban, and aalat
- Tan-dorosti Prayers at ZAC: $21 for ZAC plus $21 Ashodad for Mobed
- Muktad Prayers at ZAC: $500 for private ceremonies across five Gatha days (max 5 names)
- Anjuman Prayers at ZAC: $50 per name across five Gatha days
- Funeral Ceremony: $1,000 per priest
- Geh Saarna: $250 per Priest
- Sarosh Nu Patru: $125 per Priest per Sarosh prayer
- Day Uthamna: $150 per Priest
- Night Uthamna: $175 per Priest
- Chahrum ceremonies: $250 per Priest
- Satum Karda: $ 50 per Priest
- Use of ZAC Cemetery Lot: $750 to be paid to ZAC.
Any other ceremonies like Afringan for Dasmu, Masiso, Chamsi and Varasi: $201 per Priest (for Priests invited by the family members)
Priests requested to travel by air outside of Chicago must be provided a pre-paid plane ticket plus hotel accommodation. For travel by car, per mileage charges may apply at the discretion of the priests as to how far they are willing to drive.